You have no items in your shopping cart.
Intrinsic Colour wood stains
A seasonal boxed set of the twelve water based wood dye colours in the popular Intrinsic Colour Collection developed by professional turner Martin Saban-Smith. These box sets are only made available between October and December and make perfect Christmas or birthday gifts.
Twelve shades of colour developed and mixed by Martin Saban-Smith available in 125ml sample bottles.
Each set comes with a handy full colour colouring guide of the technique Martin uses to colour his work. The colouring guide also includes descriptions of each colour to assist colourblind woodworkers in the blend decisions.
- Black: In several coats you can build up a deep, pure black shade
- Burnt Orange: A dark orange, on the orangey side of brown
- Earth: A warm brown, the colour of drying mud. Sounds bad, but makes a great undercoat or accent colour
- Flame: A bright yellow-orange. Add luxurious fire by blending with Burnt Orange and Ruby
- Forest Green: Rich green, quite dark, a lot like Jade. A great accent colour and blends well with Straw and Honey
- Honey: A glorious yellow. Superb as a bold single colour or a ‘wash’ overcoat
- Midnight Blue: Deep blue with hint of purple. Add to quilted figure and catch the purple glint as you turn the piece
- Plum: Sumptuous Purple. Looks quite Royal, lending an air of expense to your work
- Ruby: Darkish red, Ruby adds a deep and opulent shade which blends superbly with Burnt Orange
- Sky Blue: A fairly bright blue – like a clear summer day. Mixes magnificently with Midnight Blue.
- Pear Green: A rich yellowy-green. Almost grasslike, one of the brightest colours and mixes well with Stone Blue to create a luxury green.
- White: A pure white dye perfect for white-washing your work or turning the rest of the colours into lighter, more pastel shades. Please note that this dye will not colour your workpiece white, it is not a paint and should be used as a wash.